Your present position: HOME >> Employment >> FAQ



Q: Where exactly are you located?
A: The University is located in Yangling (National Level Yangling Agricultural High-tech Industries Demonstration Zone,), 90 km west of Xi'an, capital city of Shaanxi Province. If you can find Qin Terra-cotta Warriors, you may know the Province. For more information, please visit my university's website ( or contact with Mr. Qiao Wenjun at or Mr. Qiao Zhe at

Q: What benefits do the foreign teachers have?
A: Monthly salary' start point is 3,500Yuan RMB for a bachelor degree foreign teacher, 4000Yuan for master degree. 70% of which can be converted into foreign currency. The traveling allowance is 1100 Yuan RMB per semester plus 50 Yuan for local transportation each month.

Q: How much will you reimburse for return airfare?
A: Reimbursement is not fixed. We offer international teacher a reasonable round way international economy class tickets from the nearest airport of your home country to Xi'an. Please book the tickets and e-mail me the price and the detailed flights for approval. When your fulfill the contract, the university will reimburse your tickets in cash as the same amount as your purchased.

Q: Is the apartment single or shared and are utilities included?
A: We offer free furnished apartment on the campus to international teacher. The apartment is heated in winter and includes a bathroom, sitting room, study room and kitchen. An air conditioner, refrigerator, microwave, cable TV, telephone, natural gas, cooking utilities are available in each apartment.

Q: Do you supply a computer and high speed internet in the apartment?
A: We supply computers and high speed internet in public office. In your apartment we only supply high speed internet. You may use your own computer. It is free.

Q: Is the apartment is on campus and is there a curfew or can I come and go at any hour?
A: The apartment is on the campus, in the professor's living areas. You may come and go at any time. There is a main security door at your stairwell, some times after midnight additional lock will added for safe. If you came back very late, you may press button and ring the doorkeeper, he will open the door for you.

Q: How far are you from the city centre for shopping and entertainment?
A: Walking distance for shopping and entertainment.

Q: What is required to teach? Are exams needed?
A: The Graduate School and the Department of English of my university will give you a text book for you to teach. You may add some more teaching materials if you like. At the beginning of the term the dean will talk with you the detailed requirement. At the end of the term there will be exams.

Q: How long are the classes and how many hours are required?
A: One period of class lasts 50 minutes. Teachers for graduates will teach oral English. Each time the teacher prepares two periods and repeat 6 times at other classes. So every week, the teacher will have 14 face to face classroom teaching periods. The teacher for students majoring in English will teacher oral and American culture. The teaching periods range from 8 to 12, depending on arrangement from English Department's.

Q: What are the class sizes?
A: There are about 40 to 50 students per class for graduate, while about 30 students for English major.

Q: What are the student ages?
A: The students are 18 to about 30 years old. Some Ph degree candidates are over 40.

Q: What is your dress code, is casual ok (i.e. jeans)?
A: The dress code is not required. Your may wear jeans if you like.

Q: Are their other foreigners teaching there?
A: Yes, there are more than seven teachers each term.

Q: Do you require me to get a medical check here in the home country or China?
A: Please contact visa office for more information about medical check-up. You are required to have a medical check-up when you obtain "Z" visa. If you have not had a medical check-up, you have to have when you arrive at China at your expense.

Q: What do you need from me so I can get an invitation letter for the Z visa here in my country before coming to China?
A: Please send me the photocopy of your passport (the page with personal information on it), a resume, and copies of your diplomas/certificates, and fill in the work application form. With theses information, I will obtain working permission and some necessary documents from local authority for you to get "Z" visa to China.